Nabula was born in the Haast Bluff region in the Northern Territory. She grew up living the nomadic hunter gatherer lifestyle. As a young woman she moved to Papunya, where she learned to paint in the thriving contemporary Indigenous art community there.
Nabula’s paintings depict bush tucker dreaming and “Kunga Kutjara” – women’s business. Nabula’s work is featured in many important collections in Australia and overseas.
Featured Galleries / Collections
- Australian Museum, Sydney
- South Australian Museum, Adelaide Holmes a Court Collections, Perth
- Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide
- Queensland Art Gallery, Brisbane
- Artbank, Sydney
- Flinders Art Museum, Adelaide
- Kelton Collection, USA