Gabriella was born in Mount Allan (Yuelamu), Northern Territory in 1967. Gabriella is the elder daughter of the renowned painter, Clifford Possum Tjapaltjarri (1932 – 2002). She began painting at an early age, under the tuition of her famous father.
Gabriella’s paintings feature the Dreaming stories handed down to her from her grandmother, Long Rose Nungala and other senior women who taught her in her formative years – these include Grandmother’s Dreaming, Seven Sisters Dreaming (Milky Way), Goanna, Bush Tucker and Serpent Dreamings of her Anmatyerre heritage, which have been handed down through generations of ancestors.
Gabriella has a high profile in many Australian commercial galleries and is represented in a number of commercial galleries overseas. Gabriella lives with her husband and children near Melbourne, Victoria.
Featured Galleries / Collections
• National Gallery of Australia (Canberra)
• Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (Australia)
• Flinders University Art Museum (Adelaide, Australia)
• Holmes a Court Collection (Perth, Australia)
• Richard Kelton Foundation Collection (Santa Monica, USA)
• Galeria R. Poznan (Poland)
• Araluen Arts Centre (Alice Springs)
• Winterthur Collection (Switzerland)